for selection in medical college air is seen or category rank ?
AIR refers to the All India Rank and Category Rank refers to the Rank obtained by the candidate in his/her Individual Category such as OBC, SC, ST, EWS, Girl Supremacy etc. The Admission into medical colleges depends on both the ALL India Rank as well as the Category Rank as there is specific reservation criteria for different categories in government Institutions. State Quota or Domicile seats also plays an important role in State Government Funded Institutes, as there is about 50% reservation criteria.
Hope that this answer helps you!!
For selection in medical counselling your all India rank will be displayed.
In all government medical colleges, 15% of seats are reserved for AIQ and remaining 85% seats are for state Quota.
Hope this helps!!