Great Lakes Institute of Management, Gurgaon, leverages its location for deep industry engagement with organizations ranging from start-ups to Global MNCs. With a globally benchmarked curriculum, Great Lakes, Gurgaon, consistently offers innovative and cutting-edge programs catering to the dynamic requirements of businesses.
The PGDM at Great Lakes provides a globally benchmarked curriculum, world class faculty and a peer group from diverse domains, which transforms the young professionals into Business Ready Managers.
Placement Highlights- PGDM 2017–19
- BFSI was the largest recruiting sector with 41% of the batch taking up roles in the BFSI followed by Business & Tech Consulting (28.1%), Internet Businesses (8.4%) and IT/ITES (7%)
- Average CTC offered for the Class of 2019 was INR 9.1 lakhs p.a. and the median CTC offered was INR 8.9 lakhs p.a.
- Highest CTC offered to the batch was 14.55 lakhs p.a.
- Consulting was the preferred function with 28.16% followed by Sales & Marketing with 23.94%
- Learn more about Placements- Click here (https://www.greatlakes.edu.in/gurgaon/pgdm/placement-report)
Kindly contact the Admissions team (https://www.greatlakes.edu.in/gurgaon/contact) for further information.
Great Lakes Institute of Management is a B-school in Gurgaon, Haryana. It is the sister school of Great Lakes Institute of Management, Chennai. It was found in the year 2004.
Course Structure: GLIM Gurgaon offers its students PGPM Degree and PGDM Degree. PGPM is a course for people with above 2 years of work experience and it is a 1 year executive course. PGDM on the other hand is for people with 0-2 years of work experience and is a two year course. It offers specializations in Marketing, Finance, Operations and Analytics, thereby appreciating the need for developing cross-functional perspectives in business.
Location: PGPM and PGDM at Gurgaon offers the same high quality academic experience that Great Lakes has built a reputation. An important advantage of pursuing the program at the Gurgaon campus is the excellent opportunity to interact with companies and network with senior industry professionals. GLIM Gurgaon has great industry exposure and provides options to learn from industry stalwarts and leaders.
Faculty profile: There are around 30 full time faculty members. Great quality education is provided as it is a mix of classroom learning, practical exposure, lectures by industry professionals and a case based learning system. Many of the faculty are the same as in Great Lakes Chennai. The student to faculty ratio is 50:3.
Placements: Placements are conducted by the Great Lakes Corporate & Career Services Office with teams based out of Chennai and Gurgaon. Some companies visit both companies while some companies don’t. It is upto the discretion of the companies. Companies like Deloitte, Cognizant, HCL, etc., offer similar profiles in both Chennai & Gurgaon.
For PGPM: The average CTC of the batch in 2018 was 11.14 lakhs and median is 10.50 lakhs p.a. Major recruiters include American Express, Aditya Birla, Deloitte, KPMG, EY, Cognizant, Hexaware, Virtusa Polaris, MuSigma, Latentview Analytics, Expedia, FoodPanda, and so on. The lowest CTC offered was 7.5 lakhs p.a
For PGDM: The average CTC of the batch in 2018 was 9.2 lakhs and median is 9 lakhs p.a. Companies across BFSI, Consulting, Internet Business, IT/ITES, Education, HR and Manufacturing came to recruit. The lowest CTC offered was 6 lakhs p.a.
Consulting was the major recruiter which placed 28% of the batch followed by IT/ITES, BFSI and Internet Business.
GLIM Gurgaon is a good Bschool for PGDM. If you have some amount of work experience in the field of IT/ITES or are looking for a career in IT/ITES, then GLIM is the place to be. If you are interested in switching careers from an MBA or want to get into traditional FMCG companies, GLIM would provide you with very few opportunities in this regard.
PGDM from GLIM Gurgaon is a good option but if you have any converts from Tier 1 or Tier 2 colleges, then please consider your options.
Hope I have helped you. In case of any queries, feel free to reach out to me. Thanks!
Apart from the world class curriculum and faculty that is common to the PGPM at both campuses, the following are some of the highlights of the PGPM at Gurgaon campus
• Location in the corporate hub of Delhi NCR with extensive industry engagement.
• Focus on diverse industries especially on emerging areas like E-Commerce/Internet Businesses, Analytics, etc.
• Fully mentored compulsory live projectswith corporates in NCR. Helps students explore opportunities in new industries.
• Individual Student mentorship and career guidance.
• Excellent placement track record (with avg. salary of over 10 lakhs) established within 4 years and comparable to much older top B-schools
• 7.2 Acres fully residential campus
Great Lakes Gurgaon is a decent college in term of placement, faculty & Industry Exposure etc. The companies visit to the campus Great Lakes like Adobe, Ameex Technologies, Changepond Technologies, Technologies, Dell, Dolcera, ECS Inc, EmbedUR Systems, F&S, GAVS, HCL Technologies, Infosys, Infotrellis, ITC Infotech etc. You can check the complete placement with the given below link.
You can also check the genuine reviews of the college with the given below link.