IIT Gandhinagar offers you Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering, not in specialisation. The reason behind it is highly interdisciplinary course structure where one can choose from myriad fields and shape their own curriculum.
Coming to the point of placement of M.Tech Mechanical, it depends on many factors listed below
- Your current research interest
- Application of your field in Industries
- Personal ambition and choice b/w Ph.D and job
- Companies coming for placement on that particular year
- Your willingness to commit your professional career
Numbers generally don't give the full picture, it's really an individual choice when it comes to placement.
Currently, the average package for this year is Rs 7.5 lakh.
Hope this information helped you.
All the best.