Is Work Experience mandatory to get into Great Lakes, Chennai ?? Are Freshers not allowed to apply for Great Lakes ??
Please note that freshers and candidates with less than 24 months of work experience as on 30th June 2020 are eligible to apply for PGDM 2020.
For PGDM 2020 Intake, Great Lakes Institute of Management will accept scores of GMAT taken after 1st January 2018, CAT taken in 2018/2019, XAT taken in 2019/2020 or CMAT taken in 2019/2020.
GLIM provides you the admission to one year PGPM course and a two year PGDM course
Eligibility for one year PGPM is
- You are required to appear or have appeared for CAT 2017/ 2018; XAT 2018/2019; CMAT 2018 or GMAT (Taken after January 2016) before applying to Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Great Lakes eligibility criteria require that you must hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized institution
- A minimum work experience of two years by March 31, 2019 is mandatory and if found not fulfilling this criteria will not be admitted.
- Ifyou have less than 24 months of work experience by June 30, 2019 can apply to the Great Lakes 2 years PGDM Program but not to the 1 year PGPM programme.
Eligibility for two year PGDM
- You should possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized institution
- If you are appearing for the final year bachelor's degree/equivalent qualification examination you are eligible to apply for Great Lakes Admission for PGDM 2019-21 Batch
- If you are a Fresh Graduates or one with less than 24 months of work experience after graduation as on 30th June 2019 are eligible to apply.
- If you have greater than 24 months of work- experience should apply for the Great lakes one year PGPM program.
No, work experience is not mandatory to get a seat in Great Lakes, Chennai. However, there are some colleges, Great Lakes being one of them who prefer their students to have some sort of industry exposure and hence grade those with experience a bit higher. However, if you can perform good in WAT-PI and also have a descent score then there is no way they can reject you even if you do not have experience. You just have to convince them.