M.A. in Sociology at JNU Entrance Examination syllabus :
1. Sociological Theory (Marx, Weber and Dukhaim)
2. Status & Role, Norms & Values, Group, Community, Cultural Processes and the related terms/Concepts.
3. Village in India, Agrarian Social Structure
4. Social Structure in India (Caste, Class and Gender)
5. Cultural Process like Modernisation, Sanskrtisation, Westernisation etc.
6. Globalisation, Feminism, Education and Social Change, Population and Development, Structuralism, Post-Modernism, Nationalism etc.
I hope this helps.
You are expected to have a fair understanding of Social Sciences and Indian Society and Culture Broad themes
1. Thinkers o Karl Marx, Emile Durkheim, Max Weber, Georg Simmel, C. Wright Mills, George Herbert Mead, Claude Levi-Strauss o G.S. Ghurye, M. N. Srinivas, Iravati Karve, Yogendra Singh, Andre Beteille, T.K. Oommen
2. Basic Concepts and Social Institutions
3. Tools and Techniques of Research Methodology
4. Social Structure and Social Change
5. Social Stratification o Gender, Caste, Class, Tribe, Disability
6. Economy and Society
7. State, Polity and Society
8. Family, Marriage and Kinship
10. Environment and Society
11. Social Movements
12. Social Issues
13. Understanding Indian society
14. Modernization, Globalization and Development
Hope It Helps!
Best Of Luck!