All of these as you know are management entrance exams.
- CAT - Common Admission test - This is given for admission into all IiMs and most other B schools in India. Most of the management institute accept CAT score as valid for admission . It generally is conducted in November.
- XAT - Xavier's Aptitude test - This score is accepted for admission into all Xavier's institutes like XLRI, XIBM, XIME etc. A few other B schools also accept XAT score. This is conducted in January first week generally.
- MAT - This is another entrance exam called Management Aptitude test.
- CMAT - Common Management admission test is conducted by AICTE and a lot of colleges accept this score
- NMAT - Narsee Monjee Admission test - This is written for admission in NMIMS and other B school like Icfai etc which accept NMAT score. It can be attempted thrice within a given test window. Generally NMIMS Mumbai is considered to be the best college from this score.
- GMAT - Graduate management aptitude test is for admission into foreign B schools in Europe, US, UK or any B school abroad
Sri Balaji Society, Pune - The pioneer of modern management education.
Every college is different in some way or other. This differentiation makes the college unique & special from other colleges. I am the part of this prominent college from past 7 months. So, I can give you an honest piece of information about this college. As a student manager of Sri Balaji Society, I found it to be very special & worth investing due to the following reasons:-
1. The college stands on the pillars of 3D, i.e, Discipline, Dedication & Determination. The core mantra of its founding father A Balasubramaniam is “Problems are opportunities.” Each and every word mentioned above have been justified by each component of this college.
2. The ratio of boys and girls is equal. The students come here from all over India. The college conducts the admission process in 30+ cities. It is really amazing to see and interact with a mini-India.
3. The 365 days work culture. This must be giving you a sense of anxiety and restlessness. But this will really help you in getting accustomed to the rigorous and hectic schedule of the corporate world.
4. Two months of the induction program. In these two months, students get to interact with 100+ corporate leaders from the industry. The program includes workshops, management games, seminars, Presentation etc. The main purpose of this induction program is to land all the students carrying knowledge from different fields to a common platform.
5. The college organises mega events and culturals. Students possessing talents in some genres of participation get the opportunity to showcase their flamboyancy. More than 40 events including sports, management games, fun games, cultural shows etc. commence each year.
6. Each festival is celebrated inside the premises of the college. As I mentioned, people from different states come here for study. So, the college witnesses colourful gatherings on each occasion.
7. The college hosts the National Business Conference where eminent corporate leaders, orators, motivational speakers etc come and shower their valuable experiences of the industry. Besides this, students are sent to interact with the corporate leaders in their office.
8. Classroom training is systematic and articulative. Faculties here are the people carrying the huge industry experience. Assignments, quizzes, presentations etc are conducted for each subject. This helps in getting a deeper insight into the domain.
9. The college provides 100% placement. 300+ companies come every year. The average package is 6.5L. The highest package is 14L by Amazon & Vedanta. The college always maintains transparency in disclosing placement statistics. The college is definitely not a placement agency but the students through hard work get placed in renowned companies.
10. A perfect place to groom your overall personality. Each event, program, festival, conference, guest lecture etc., under the guidance of faculties, is organised by the students itself. These all give immense opportunities to the students to develop their competencies in the various fields.
For more information, visit www.sribalajisociety.org
For admission related queries and to avail discount on admission form, inbox me or ping me on WhatsApp.
Sri Balaji Society, Pune.
Mob no. 9304869042 (only WhatsApp)
CAT Pathfinder - IIM & Non-IIM MBA Call Predictor
Know Your Calling Chances from IIMs & other Top MBA Colleges, Eligibility & Cut-offs
Hi Tamanna, first and foremost all the exams mentioned above are all MBA entrance exams and also the most popular exams written across India. First coming to CAT, Common Admission Test, conducted by Indian Institue of Management, is one of the most popular and most toughest MBA exams in the list. It is written by more than 2 lakh aspirants. Almost all colleges across India accept CAT Scores and top b-schools include IIMs and FMS, SP Jain, JBIMS. Next exam is MAT, Management Aptitude Test,conducted by All India Management Association which is also a popular exam but the toughness level is very less compared to CAT, but still needs some work to be cut out. There are also certain top colleges like Christ University which accept MAT scores. Then comes XAT, Xavier's Aptitude Test, conducted by Xavier School of Management, which is one of the top most b school and is also one of the most toughest exams and it is of toughness range of CAT exams. Next comes GMAT, Graduate Management Admission Test, is a test which is conducted to do MBA in foreign countries like Europe, USA etc. The fees for the exam is high compared to other exams, but it is relatively to the CAT range in terms of toughness. CMAT, Common Management Admission Test, conducted by AICTE, is another MBA emtrance exam and its scores are accepted in top colleges like Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Science etc. It is relatively easy compared to CAT. The last is Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies and it is a very top college across India and is located in the financial capital of India. It conducts an exam called NMAT, NMIMS Management Aptitude Test, which is the only exam which has no negative marks and is relatively easy compared to CAT.
According to me,
The similarity between them is all the exam are the first step to get the admission into the college
And the difference is
Every exam has their own value
If we talk about CAT so it is the way to get admission in top college of india
If we talk about MAT so it is the way to get admission in college but the college is not that much good like CAT Colleges
if we talk about XAT , NMAT , SNAP so basically the college or university conduct their own exam , and percentile of this exam is also eligible in some colleges as well .
So basically these are different exams for MBA conducted by different colleges.