What is the eligibility criteria for NATA 2019 and JEE paper 2? How much marks one should get in mathematics in 12th board to be eligible?
NATA has made some changes in the eligibility criteria for candidates beginning 2019 including the exam being split up into two sessions. Therefore, the NATA exam will now be held in April as well as in July. The new set of guidelines is as follows -
1. The candidate must have passed or must be currently appearing in 10+2
2. The candidate must pass 10+2 with a minimum 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Maths. These subjects have now become compulsary and diploma students are not eligible for the exam.
3. The candidate must score a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying exam
4. The candidate must be 17 years of age as of 31st July, 2019.
Similarly, JEE Paper 2 or the JEE Main will also be conducted in 2 batches, this year they will be conducted in January and April which usually remains the same for the coming years too. However, you'll get to know about the dates as and when you decide which year you want to sit for the exam.
Now coming to the eligibility criteria, it goes as follows -
1. There is no age limit to be eligible for the exam, however, you must have passed 10+2 in 2017/2018. Even students who are currently in class 12th are eligible to sit for the exam.
2. It is mandatory for the appearing students to have taken 5 subjects in class 12th or equivalent qualifying exam. Since you aspire to appear for the B.Arch/B.Planning exam, you need the following subject combination - 1.Language, 2. Physics, Maths (Compulsary), 4. Any one out of Chemistry, Biology, Technical Vocational Subject or Biotechnology, 5. Any other subject.
3. You can appear for the JEE Mains exam for three consecutive years and since there will be 2 sessions each year, you can choose to sit for both. However, even if you give exams twice per academic year, it will only be counted as one.
4. You must score a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate as well as in each subject in class XIIth to be eligible for B.Arch/B.Planning.
I hope this helps you, Rohit and gives you a clarity on how to go about the exams. Let me know if you need any other help. All the best!
IIT/JEE 2020 Online Preparation
Crack JEE 2020 with JEE Knockout Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK