To make a proper strategy for preparation, its better to analyze the paper pattern of the exam firstly. By analyzing that you will get an idea about the marking weightage of the topics and the question types which will asked in the examination.
The upcoming exam will be conducted by the NTA in December 2019. National Testing Agency follows the below paper pattern.
- UGC NET exam has two papers i.e. Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- Paper 1 is common for all subjects which consists 50 MCQs type questions of Reasoning Ability, Comprehension Reading, Mental Ability, and General Awareness etc.
- Paper 2 consists subject based 100 MCQs type questions.
- Both Paper are conducted in single three hour. There is no break in both papers.
- There is no minus marking on any negative answer in paper 1 and paper 2.
Hello UGC Aspirants!
According to the latest NTA UGC exam pattern, exam consist 2 papers. Although it will be conducted without any break in the fixed time duration of 3 hours, which means exam is conducted in single session.
· Exam is totally computer based.
· There is no negative marking so attempting all questions is compulsory.
· Both papers consist only MCQs.
· paper 1 consist 50 questions of total 100 marks in an hour whereas paper 2 consists 100 questions of total 200 marks in 2 hours.
· paper 2 is based on subject questions opted by the candidate.
· paper 1 is totally based on teaching / research aptitude, reasoning ability, comprehension and general awareness.
hope the information helps.