Dear sir, my son has completed his MBBS and is preparing for PG NEET and he wants to score the top rank in NEET PG 2020. Kindly guide.
NEET PG 2020 medical entrance exams in India.It is highly competitive entrance exam. PG medical seats are at stake. These seats play a huge role in determining the path of many MBBS graduates careers.
After completing MBBS, graduates go for higher education. Graduates have access to PG medical courses such as MS,MD and other PG Diploma programme. In order to get these PG courses one must crack NEET PG entrance exam.
There is cut-throat competition for government seats and seats belonging to premier medical colleges ( operated by central government). If you want to get any of these institutes you must score better than your competition and secure high rank in the merit list.
Consider the syllabus as a ladder system:
- Start with short subjects which contributes 65 questions.
- Then go for first year block which consist of the subjects Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemical. These contains 15 questions.
- Then go for the second year block having subjects like Pathology, Microbiology, Pharmacology.
- Then go for the Majors because these foundational knowledge help you with the majors.
- Define your strategy and devise a study plan.
- Start your preparation early on.
- Master MBBS curriculum and subjects while still in college.
- Make use of standard study material and books.
- Determination, Descipline, Dedication and Motivation the key factor.
- Seek help of college seniors: Don't be shy to seek help.
- Make use of online study material and prepratprep portals.
- Practice, Practice and more Practice.
- Check and evaluate yourself.
MISTAKES TO AVOID
- Stress- manage your final months diligently.
- DO NOT give into distractions
- Choose the books wisely: study and revise your notes.
- Don't question your capabilities.
- Leaving certain topics because you are weak in them is the biggest blunder students does and in order to save time.
- Don't stick to the question sequence while answering the exam. The main thing is to solve as many MCQ's as preferably.
BOOKS TO REFER
- ANATOMY - Arvind Arora or ACROSS or Rajesh Kaushal
- PHYSIOLOGY - Soumen Mahapatra
- BIOCHEMISTRY - Rebecca James or DM Vasudevan
- PHARMACOLOGY - Gobind Rai or KD Tripathi
- PATHOLOGY - Sparsh Gupta or Devesh Mishra
- MICROBIOLOGY - Rachna Chawasia or Ananthnarayan
- FORENSIC - ACROSS OR Dev Gaurav Aggarwal or Arvind Arora or KSN Reddy
- MEDICINE - Deepak Marwah or Mohit Khana
- SURGERY - Pritesh Singh or SRB or Bally & Love
- PSM - Vivek Jain
- OBS AND GYNAECOLOGY - Sakshi Arora
- ENT - Manisha Budhiraja or Ruchi Rai or Dhingra
- OPTHALMOLOGY - B Ram Gopal or Ruchi Rai or AK Khurrana
- PEDIATRICS - Taruna Mehra or OP Ghai
- ORTHOPAEDICS - Apruv Mehra
- DERMATOLOGY - Profs . By Vivek Jain
- ANESTHESIA - Profs. By Vivek Jain or Ajay Kumar
- RADIOLOGY - Sumer Sethi or Profs. By Vivek Jain
- PSYCHIATRY - Profs. By Vivek Jain or Praveen Tripathi
- IMAGE BASED - PHOTON Dr. Deepak Marwah
All the best!!!
I am happy to hear about your son. Hope he is doing well.
3 things needed :- self confidence , dedication, concentration.
Rest your son knows very well how to prepare. Although I will suggest you one app “MARROW” purchase it and I guarantee you that your will be topper if he studies accordingly.
Don’t burden him to go for classes as after studying constantly for 10-12 hrs in classes human brain needs rest instead there are all tutorials in this app and they also provide handwritten notes:)
All the best
NEET Online Preparation
Crack NEET 2020 with NEET Knockout Program, If you Do Not Qualify- Get 100% MONEY BACK