Go with vit .Ill give you the reasons
1. Cosmopolitan culture
2. Recognised name and brand among students and parents
3. Educated high-class students
4. Equal opportunities for academics and co-curricular activities
5. Highly flexible system in terms of subjects, career options, time and mentor.
6. Sterling Placements (considering the mediocre level of education imparted)
7. Above average food as compared to other colleges in India
8. Excellent Infrastructure. Still admire the toilets being cleaned everyday.
At the end of the day all of us engineers realise and transfer ourselves to cse based coding companies.In terms of placements definitely cse chennai is better than ece vellore.It doesnt matter where you belong to.Chennai and vellore both have the placement at vellore only.So obviously cse is better than ece any day. 99% of the companies(core or IT) offer at least 3.25 lakhs to ECE undergrads. In my case only one company offered less than this. Core companies generally offer somewhere in the vicinity of 5–6 lakhs. Some might even offer 10+. And believe me you, there are quite a few(in 2014 we had Cadence, Cisco, McKinsey, Schlumberger, KLM Tencor, Future first, all offering salaries north of 10lakhs).
Then we have a few less paying firms like HP, Deloitte, Sapient, GM, GE and list goes on. All these pay above 5lpa but less than 8lpa. These are what placement cell classifies as the dream jobs. Get one and you lose your eligibility for the rest.And then there's mass recruitment, Accenture/Wipro/Infy etc.
Hope this helped :)