Being a JNTU k student i can answer your query properly.I also had same doubt in the beginning as my college is affiliated to JNTU,K and also has autonomous campus.
So some of the difference which they both have are as follows:
- Jntu has its own syllabus which is followed from long,it takes time to change it and update it.But it is good and presise,whereas autonomous has its own syllabus which they keep updated.
- Jntu degree has more value than any normal autonomous college.
- Jntu R16 syllabus is now changed to R19 for 2019 batches.In that syllabus is reduced and updated.So for you it can be beneficial.
Hope it will help you
Majority portion of both the syllabus is same. But I would suggest you to go for Autonomous Syllabus for BTech. The reasons are-
- JNTU is council why Autonomous is private, so the syllabus gets updated with new and important topics. On the other side, council syllabus remains same for years. It becomes outdated.
- You can score more marks easily in Autonomous.
Hope it helps you.