Hello Aakash, as you have just 3 months left in UGC NET Exam. You need to put your main focus on the paper 2. Among both the papers, Paper-2 is more difficult as it is the subject which is opted by you, as per your Post-graduation degree.
When it comes to the stratergy part to need to follow certain points:
- Put your main focus on the important topics.
- Manage your study time according to the difficulty of the topics. Giving more time to the tough part.
- Start solving the previous years paper. This will help you in increasing your speed.
- Study according to the updated syllabus. NTA revised the syllabus for the UGC NET 2019 June session.
Awareness and Hard work is the best strategy to write a UGC NET exam. You must know about UGC NET and Exam pattern, syllabus and marks required to get JRF and Lecturership.
I can suggest you THE BEST STRATEGIES which will help to get good marks..,
The National Educational Testing Bureau of University Grants Commission (UGC) conducts National Eligibility Test (NET) to determine eligibility for lectureship and for award of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) for Indian nationals in order to ensure minimum standards for the entrants in the teaching profession and research. The NET is a very useful method of short-listing the candidates from a pool of applicants.
We will be looking at some tips which will help perform better if not ace it. Before looking at the tips for clearing the UGC NET, you should know the syllabus of the examination. The notion of clearing the examination seems to be hard and candidates believe that the paper is tough. On the contrary, if you think that teaching is a passion rather than a profession that pays well, chances are that you will be able to clear the paper.
Let’s have a look at some tips for preparing for UGC NET:
If you are planning to appear for the UGC NET examination, the idea is to spend time on your preparation. It is advised you spend quality time on your preparation and also regular amounts of time. You will be required to be regular on the time that you take out for preparation. Most experts will advice you somewhere between three to six months for preparing for the test.
Over the next some months you should be able to clearly know things for what they are as far as the syllabus for the test is concerned. You should channel your preparation on the topics in the syllabus and thus plan accordingly. If you start your preparation well ahead in time then there will not be any need to skip a topic.
Out of the three sections in the paper, two will be on a topic of your choice while the other is a common paper which is to test you on aptitude and general awareness. While it is necessary for you to score well in the paper from your subjects, remember that if you do not clear the first paper you will not be able to clear the NET as well. So give priority to all three and spend and plan time in preparation accordingly.
Although this is not the case with only this test, taking and making your own notes will take you a long way. Get into the practice of making your own notes; this will make a huge difference when you will revise.
Past question papers
Try and collect as many past year question papers as you possibly can. These will not only set a bar when you are preparing for the examination but will also assist you during the preparation itself. There is a possibility that you are not able to solve all the questions by yourself, so it is important that you take the help of a mentor, senior, teacher to help you with the questions.
Time if of the essence
You need to be able to practice a lot to be efficient.
UGC NET exam is a specialised exam meant for research and lecturership. Students preparing for UGC NET exam should focus more on concepts and practical knowledge of topics. Books for UGC NET for the concerned subject should be referred to get an idea about exam pattern and type of questions asked.
I would ask you not to follow it blindly,rather analyse yourself and plan according to your comfort.
- Regularity ; Be regular with your studies , be it your assignments or any topic you were supposed to be doing today. Don’t leave it for tomorrow.
- Proper planning ; Create a weekly plan seeing the syllabus and adjusting it in such a way that you complete the syllabus on time and follow this weekly schedule strictly.
- Appropriate study material ; The basic thing that we all need to prepare for an exam is the proper study material . Try to get the modules of any reputed coaching institute (allen or aakash) and indulge yourself in solving the questions given in those study packages. If you wish to build your concepts,blindly go for NCERT textbooks and then after solve the questions from modules,analyse the questions you couldn’t do and read those topics again from modules or any not so lengthy reference book (the basic thing here is clearing your concepts , the way you use here is of least importance if that gets you solving those questions).
- Don’t surround yourself with a bunch of books rather stick to NCERT and solve questions from every possible source.
- Health ; I neglected this one during my preparation, paid for it. Take proper care of yourself . DO NOT SKIP YOUR MEALS. A healthy mind plays a very important role during your preparation and so does a healthy body.
- Stay motivated during your preparation. You can talk to PEOPLE WHO MOTIVATE YOU.
- STAY AWAY FROM THOSE WHO SAY “you can’t”. Don’t let negativity ever come nearby you.
- Avoid social media if possible but don’t get sad if you can’t give up on it completely. I would rather tell you a better way to deal with this distraction ; SWITCH OFF YOUR MOBILE WHEN YOU START STUDYING AND HIDE IT SOMEWHERE. Trust me that works, you can at least stay away from your mobile for an hour and train your mind that for a year you will be using your mobile during your breaks.
- Don’t be a bookworm , make sure you have a proper balance between studies and all those activities you enjoy. You don’t need to give up anything, just reduce the amount of it and make studies your priority because once your mind understands that you are not in a mood to compromise on your study hours for anything rather you are willing to sacrifice anything that distracts you from getting your goal, it will automatically become easy for you to deal with so called negativities.
- LIMIT YOUR SOCIAL LIFE FOR A YEAR. Trust me this is the only sacrifice you need to make during your preparation and it’s worth sacrificing once you get into a medical college. :)
- Last but not the least be your own motivator, never give up . There will be times when you will feel like “No,I won’t be able to do this.” but that’s just a phase, it passes. You just need to take a deep breath at that moment and make yourself understand “Your goal is simply achievable and you are working hard for it.”
All the very best for your preparation..! Don’t ever lose hope while preparing and keep the above mentioned things in your mind.
Thanks for reading!
As we all know that the difficulty level of UGC NET is
very high. To get sure shot success in this exam, you must be highly passionate
and dedicated towards your studies.
- First of all,
collect the basic information regarding the subject like its eligibility
criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, best books etc.
- Analyze the
complete UGC NET Syllabus
and make a preparation strategy.
- Start the
preparation with Paper-1 syllabus because it is simpler than the Paper –
2. You must finish it as soon as you can.
- Make short
notes for last time revision.
- Manage time
properly. Give time to the topics according to their importance level.
previous years question papers and practice online mock test papers.
- Be positive, be
hopeful and be confident.
In order to prepare well for the exam, you need to understand the exam and its various aspects and also get some of best books available and now it’s time to plan each day and start preparation for UGC NET 2018. For that, you have to make a timetable and divide your time equally for all the sections, subjects, sample papers and question paper. Follow your routine on daily basis so that you can complete your syllabus as per the limited time you have. Try not to leave any topic for last minute. For more details on preparation tips – Click here
To start up with you must first now the syllabus and exam pattern. Plan your every day. Practice sample papers or previous year question papers. Keep time and prepare notes for revision. You can read in complete detail about how to prepare for UGC Net by clicking on this link- https://competition.careers360.com/articles/how-to-prepare-for-ugc-net
Hope this is useful to you!
All the Best
To qualify the UGC NET is not an easy task. To qualify it you have to be dedicated and passionate towards your study.
The factors which are necessary to prepare well for any exam are Syllabus, Study Material and Exam Pattern.
The first step to start preparation for any exam is analyze the complete syllabus. Then go for the paper pattern through which you can get an idea about the exam and you can easily make a proper preparation strategy.
The key factor of UGC NET exam preparation is the study material. Always prefer that study material which includes the books which are recommended by the experts, previous years questions papers and modal test papers.
For study material you can go for offline as well as online stuffs, which one suited to you.
You can get the idea about the best study material for preparation from the internet. The best way to choose right one is checking their reviews, which you will found easily.
Managing time is the must do thing. Give more time to topics according to their importance level or marking weightage in the exam paper.
Make short notes, they will help you in quick revision at the last time
Revision is must. So, revise each topic after its completion.