Hello, hope you are doing well!
B.Sc. Biotechnology or Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology is an undergraduate Biotechnology course. Biotechnology is a field of applied biology that involves the use of living organisms and bioprocesses in engineering, technology, medicine and other fields requiring by-products.
- This degree course enables the students to go for various Biotechnologies and as Lab technician one of them that includes cleaning and maintaining equipment used by scientists and working on the various pieces of lab equipment as instructed.
- The degree course provides a good base for a higher degree program in respective subjects, e.g. Masters’ degree and research work.
- The course is beneficial as it provides opportunities to the candidates for becoming a research scientist who involves designing and carrying out experiments and writing reports for future publication.
- Jobs- Research Associate, Marketing Manager, Sales Officer, Assistant Research Analyst, Biotech Product Analyst, Research Associate, etc.
B.Sc. Food Technology or Bachelor of Science in Food Technology is an undergraduate Food Technology course. Food Technology is the application of food science to the selection, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution, and use of safe, nutritious, and wholesome food.
- It is beneficial to provide professionals with knowledge of the development, preservation, processing, packaging, distribution and usage of safe, nutritive and healthy foods.
- The course provides depth knowledge and practical skills to students regarding food preparation, entrepreneurship and food manufacturing and baking industries.
- The course is also beneficial for further studies such as M.Sc., M.E./M.Tech., M.Phil. and Ph.D.
- Self-employment opportunities also exist in the form of dynamic delivery networks for those who want to work on their own.
- Jobs- Food Microbiologist, Food Standards Officer, Food Technologist, Food Scientist, Process Engineer, Project Manager, Research Technician, etc.
So, now this totally depend on you which course is better for you as both these courses are different in terms of future professions. You have to select your bachelors' stream depending on your interest and future plans for your career. Therefore, it totally depends on your career plans. All the best! Take your time and choose wisely.