Which is better for MBA Finance either IPE Hyderabad or XIME Bangalore, please suggest.
Greetings on considering to do an MBA in Finance. Since both the colleges have their own reputation, it becomes rather important for you to consider certain factors like return on investment, placements, faculty, infrastructure, internship, fees and location. Though going by the ranking IPE can be considered to have an upper hand, it is important for you to know what you expect from the college in return. Here is a few information that could help you make a decision.
- The fees of the college along with hostel and other charges can come up to 11 lakhs and the median package is around 5 lakhs.
- They have different courses like Retail marketing, banking, and financial services, Human resource management and international business.
- Recruiters - Amazon, Deloitte, TCS, Cognizant, ICICI, HDFC, Franklin, Federal bank, Karvy etc.
- The college is an old one among the b-school especially when compared to XIME Bangalore and thus has a name for itself. If you're really interested in finance you can opt for their banking and financial services course.
XIME Bangalore: Xavier Institute of Management and Entrepreneurship
- Top recruiters include Oracle, Infosys, Deloitte, Accenture, ICICI, KPMG, Honeywell, SBI, JP Morgan Chase, HDFC etc.
- Fees for the PGDM programme is Rs.10 lakhs.
- Average Placement: around Rs. 6 LPA
- Since the college is located in Bangalore, one could find ample opportunities while doing internships and also if one is inclined towards working in start-ups it would be a boost.
Before you enter in please make sure that you're aware of what you want to pursue because once you choose, you'd be specialized in the same and changing the course would be difficult. Regarding the placements, please talk or get in touch with the alumni over LinkedIn to understand the inside scenario of the college, as most of the data available online could widely be overshadowed.
If you have great scores at the academic level, it is also advisable for you to attempt for CAT/MAT once again next year because walking out of the top 20 b-schools always gives an edge. Your work experience will also add to the advantage if you have any.
Good luck! Feel free to contact for further queries
Hi M Pandya.
According to the Rank and Ratings IPE Hyderabad has been ranked higher.Also the fees of IPE is lower than XIME.
Talking about the Package XIME has a higher package than IPE.
Seats available in IPE are 240 whereas in XIME are 180.
Now its upto you which college you want to go for.
For more comparison details you can go to our College Compare option.
All the Best.