How good is mtech in earthquake disaster and mitigation for a civil engg from ism dhanbad
Civil engineers are involved in actual construction process of any building/road/bridge or other infrastructure. The above said course might give you in insight about how EQ resistant structures can be built, or when you see the plan, you will understand the structures vulnerability to earthquake and how can we mitigate that. You might be able to give some inputs in designing through the perspective of earthquake safety.
There is immense scope of research in the field of civil engineering, the question is which field do you like to work in.
i mean if you talk about concrete there is and has been a constant development in the field and concrete technology has risen to new horizons in these years, weather its durability , strength or any other factor this field has done very well. Now it is the FRC which is considered as the future.
if you observe most of this research depends upon the demand of market forces. you wont be finding too such research by institutes on canals coz there is less demand .
India is growing country and requires so much of infrastructure that research on Indo centric problems is very important
1) Town planning for urbanization development of satellite towns, smart cities and its impact on citizens. for example some researchers suggest to have one capital and around 10 sub capitals in the newly formed state of telangana in India. This is a good idea to avert many problems of urbanization like concentration of population, crime facilities, opportunities, rising prices of land
2) Transportation have immense scope our climatic condition are different and we have less money so we cant go for concrete roads as in the case of western countries so how can you develop roads which are suitable for India along with the economic consideration. the study of bitumen and water to increase the longitivity of roads.
3) Earthquake resistant design and structures.
4) Environment and reducing burden on it.(huge potential)
5) Proper utilization of GPS ,GIS and RS are new fields which have taken lead in last one decade, India can help to strengthen the SAARC countries.
So there is a whole lot of places where scope is there, civil is not only about structure and their response to forces i would say it is a way to life.