How to become a Neurosurgeon in New Zealand after completing MBBS in India and how much does this process cost?
Special purpose postgraduate training registration is available for doctors looking to come to New Zealand on a temporary basis, to gain experience and skills to take back to their home or sponsor country.
The postgraduate training pathway has very specific requirements. It is only available to you if:
- you are being sponsored by, or on behalf of, a country or organisation to which you will return after the proposed training period, OR
- you are enrolled in a formal vocational training programme in your own country, OR
- you hold a formal postgraduate qualification accepted by the Council as indicating competence in the branch of medicine you will practice in New Zealand, OR
- you have worked for at least 12 months in an institution that has an exchange programme with a New Zealand hospital or medical school.
You must also meet all of the following requirements:
- hold a primary medical degree listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools
- have an offer of employment in New Zealand that confirms your fellowship or other training position
- have been registered and actively practising in your home or sponsor country for a minimum of one year prior to applying
- have confirmed employment in your home country that will commence after your proposed training in New Zealand is finished. We will need evidence of this.
- meet our "fitness for registration" requirements including our Policy on English Language.
source : Admission Support - GetMbbsAdmission (https://bit.ly/2x9Ozju)
The World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS) lists all of the medical schools in the world, with accurate, up-to-date, and comprehensive information on each school.
Applicants for registration as well as candidates applying for the New Zealand Registration Examination (NZREX Clinical) must satisfy Council that they are able to comprehend and communicate effectively in English in the medical workplace, as one of the prerequisites for registration. This policy sets out the specific requirements that must be met.
Source of information visit official website of New Zealand medical counsil.
Hope this answer will be helpful for you.
Good Luck !!!