i got 85% in 10th and 12th and 70% in bsc and 90ile in cat..can i get admission in sp jain Mumbai ??
Hope You are doing well. Your academic profile looks decent and But your CAT Percentile is of somewhat worrisome. SP Jain generally give calls on two basis. One is on CAT Percentile basis and other is on Profile based calls where you just need to score above 85 percentile in overall and above 75 percentile in all the section.
Now for this year Admission process is over. You can try for this institute next year. I am listing down all the necessary criterias that SP Jain follows for profile based calls.
SP Jain is looking for excellence in the following fields.
- Significant Social contributions and CSR to society
- Excellence in Extra-curricular activities from sport to music, drama, dance etc.. Performances at top levels
- Leadership at College level in Clubs, College Activities, organisation, team work, experience in leading projects
- Work Experience in a meaningful way with significant contributions to your corporation.
- Represented your community, club, state or country in activities
- Voracious readers who have a great understanding of the world around them and are able to connect the dots from macro to micro levels.
- Excellent personality and communication skills, well groomed and presentable.
- Solid Academic backgrounds with high scores in 10th, 12th and Graduation. 70%+ is a minimum….demonstrating a keen interest in Academics and learning
Now As I mentioned all the above criteria You have sufficient time to gather all the information and prepare for the cat. If your profile is good then you need to score just above 85 percentile in CAT and you will have the chance to attend GD PI WAT Process for SP Jain. If you do not have good profile as i mentioned you need to score 97+ percentile in CAT to be on the safer side and you will get a call for GD PI WAT.
To get the admission you need to crack GD PI WAT which is necessary for all the institutes I think.
So prepare well for CAT-2019 and try for SP Jain.
Hope I answered your query in detail. If you have any further queries you can comment over here. Please upvote if you liked my answer. All the best for your future.
SP JAIN calls in basis of CAT (98.4 percentile) or if you have good profile then you will get in 85-86 percentile even. So, according to your given stats, your academics is good but only that it will not work to get call from sp jain in profile based admission. In profile based admission, the academics is not everything. You also have to good in your co-curricular or if you have work ex, these add value to your profile.
But one thing I must say, as you are from non - engineering background, you have chances to get sp jain.
So, get ready yourself & also prepare for GD-PI.