I'm pursuing a diploma in India from a govt polytechnic in cse (w/ lateral entry). And I'm planning for applying Canada express entry after getting 3-4 years of experience. Can I apply for it? (now m in final year).
First of all you must understand the selection factors given below.
If you meetallthe minimum requirements, well then assess your application based on:
- work experience
- whether you have a valid job offer
- English and/or French language skills
- adaptability (how well youre likely to settle here)
- Minimum requirements
Skilled work experience
Skilled work experience means that youve worked in 1 of theseNational Occupational Classification (NOC) job groups:
Managerial jobs (skill type 0)
Professional jobs (skill level A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (skill levelB)
You must show that while working in your primary occupation, you performed the duties set out in thelead statementof the occupational description in the NOC. This includesallthe essential duties and most of the main duties listed.
Your skilled work experience must be :
- in the same type of job (have the same NOC) as the job you want to use for your immigration application (called your primary occupation)
- within the last 10 years
- paid work (have been paid wages or earned commissionvolunteer work or this means you must unpaid internships dont count)
- at least1 year of continuous workor 1,560hours total (30hours per week)you can meet this in a few different ways:
- Full-time at 1 job:30 hours/week for 12 months = 1year full time (1,560hours)
- Equal amount in part-time:15 hours/week for 24 months = 1year full time (1,560hours)
- Full-time at more than 1 job:30 hours/week for 12months at more than 1job = 1 year full time (1,560hours)
Part-time work experience
- For part-time work, you can work more or less than 15hours/week as long as it adds up to 1,560hours.
- Any hours you work above 30hours/week will not be counted.
Student work experience
- Work experience gained while you were studying may count towards yourminimum requirementsif the work:
- was paid by wages or commissions
- was continuous (no gaps in employment), and
- meets all the other requirements of the Program
- Students with foreign education, you must have:
- a completed credential , and
- an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) for immigration purposesfrom adesignated organization showing that your education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree from a Canadian:
- secondary institution (high school) or
- post-secondary institution
I hope this helps.