From 2020 onwards, there shall be only one entrance exam for MBBS and that's NEET.
AIIMS and JIPMER, no longer will conduct their entrance exam.
So, from 2020-2021 session, NEET is to be the only entrance exam to be conducted for admission to MBBS course.
Dear Kumar, yes. From 2020, there would be no AIIMS and JIPMER entrance exams. The admissions to these Institutes will be done through NEET. How the counselling will be conducted is still unknown but NEET will be the entrance examination for admission to all 15 of AIIMS branches and 2 of JIPMER branches. And some information about NEET:
- Indian Nationals, NRIs, PIOs, OCIs, and Foreign Nationals
- No upper age limit as of now. The Candidate should be at least 17 years by December 31st of 2020
- You should have completed your 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your Core Subjects.
- 50% Aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology for General Category, 45% for PWD and 40% for OBC,SC,ST Candidates.
- NIOS and Private Candidates are also eligible
Registration Dates: 2nd to 31st December, 2019
Downloading of Admit Cards: 27th March, 2020
Date of Examination: 3rd May, 2020
Date of Announcing Result: 4th June, 2020
AIIMS MBBS 2020 Online Preparation
Get Access to AI based coaching with Video Lectures, Mock Test, Sample Paper, and Prep Booster