What exam should I be giving if I want to pursue medicine after my 12th but abroad? Or is there only one way that is by clearing NEET and doing undergraduate in MBBS, and then going abroad for PG by giving MCAT?
Recommended: NEET Counseling begins! Make Your MBBS/BDS college Preference list for All India & State level counseling as per your NEET Rank & Category. Click Here
Latest : Check your admission chances in BAMS, BHMS & BUMS courses in All India Counseling as per your NEET Rank. Click here
Even though you wish to study MBBS abroad, you must give NEET and qualify with a good rank.
In order to study MBBS abroad, the student must be at least 17 years of age in the year he/she wishes to go abroad.
- The student must have completed his 10+2 from a recognized board.
- The student must have an aggregate percentage of at least 50% or above in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and must have studied English as a compulsory subject during his 10+2 years.
- Students are also required to qualify the NEET. This is mandatory even if the student is planning to pursue his medical studies abroad
- Select your preferred MBBS University abroad and check its eligibility guidelines.
- A lot of times, countries could require applicants to appear for an eligibility test to be eligible to study in their country. Candidates could also be required to appear for an English Proficiency Test to be eligible to apply.
- Fill out the online application form of the university with all your accurate details
- Applicants would be then required to send their passport along with their original documents and their letter of acceptance to the concerned embassy to apply for their student visa.
- Once the Student Visa is issued depending on the time taken by the embassy. The applicant would be then required to make his travel arrangements to reach his university before the commencement of his course.
Students can always get in touch with university representatives or student alumni to make the application process easy and hassle-free.
I hope this cleared all your doubts and I wish you all the best for your future.
Countries like UK/US do not offer medicine to 12th pass students. they need a basic education up to graduation first.
So henceforth your single option is to appear for NEET. After that you can get MBBS in abroad like China, Russia etc on the basis of NEET marks itself. Once you complete the course, you’ll have to give an entrance exam to qualify to practice in India. Otherwise if your score is good, you can continue MBBS here and then go abroad for PG.
can I apply MCAT ? I am just 12th pass out. I want to do undergraduate medical in abroad. Is it possible for me to study medicine there by passing MCAT only ? Do I need to have special permission for eligibility ? I happened to read that for to register MCAT you need to have studied MBBS. Do I ?
i am an indian citizen , ive completed my grade 12th i want to pursue mbbs in canada so can i get bsc biology undergraduate degree from canada and then appear from mcat?
i want to pursue mbbs from either abroad or india only but from best place at low cost and specially if neet not cleared then taking that situation as well
Know More about
Your National Eligibility cum Entrance Test brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id “”.