Which is better SHIV NADAR UNIVERSITY OR JAYPEE INSTITUTE OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY JIIT FOR BTECH IN CSE
Being a Shiv Nadar University student, I can't say anything about how BTech in JIIT is, but I would like to share my knowledge about how the CSE department works at SNU.
Shiv Nadar University’s Department of Computer Science and engineering mainly focus on blending theory and practice in a way that learning becomes more exciting! Here are some key points which I think will hopefully help you decide about the department by yourself:
1. The department conducts seminars to give an insight about how to pick out study material from journals and to sharpen the communication skills of the students. Special guest lectures and talks by invited experts are done from time to time to get the students acquainted with the latest happenings in the field of CSE.
2. The labs are equipped with the tools and tech. for all the core work based on three domains of their research: a) Wireless mobile computing and networking. b) Data Science and engineering. c) Security and privacy
3. As most of my friends are from the CSE Department, they are always going to coding competitions and stuff. If you are looking for a competitive programming environment, the university is gearing up: ACM chapter was introduced 2 years ago and it has been doing well. They organize high-level programming competitions and practice sessions, and people from each dept. are encouraged to take part. This was established by the students of SNU only!
4. The placements have taken a big turn this time. A CSE student only had gotten a package of 31.5 LPA offered by Goldman Sachs. And average package for the year is 6.32 LPA! So I have actually given you a brief insight about CSE department of SNU, and trust me, it is more than that! So, I guess you have to decide for yourself what you are going to do, but as a student, I must say, discovering SNU is not a bad option!
Best of luck! :)
Hello Siddhant ,
JIIT( sec-62) for sure,
- See ,Shiv Nadar is relatively a new university it has ton loads of courses. Any university is known by some of its best courses but Shiv Nadar is like a growing child and it would take time to discover it’s best course . You never know if engineering is going to be that much successful or not.
- JIIT has a very strong alumni base and placements are better for sure .
- In my opinion you should never consider a new college over an established one until and unless its your only option because culture matters the most and it can not be build in few years. Best of luck !