Will there be a % deduction if a commerce with Math student chooses Mathematics and Economics as Discipline subjects in BA PROGRAMME in DU?
For admission in B.A. (Programme) in University of Delhi, you need to follow the following eligibility criteria:
- For Best Four percentage calculation, an aggregate of 50% marks or more in two Discipline Subjects and combination of best two other subjects from Lists A and B. Either English or any one of the languages is also included.
- Non-inclusion of the said Discipline Subject(s) in which admission is sought will lead to a deduction of 1% per Discipline Subject(s) (except in Music and Physical Education) on the aggregate of the Best Four.
- However, non-inclusion of Music for admission with Music as discipline subject and non-inclusion of Physical Education for admission with Physical Education as discipline subject will lead to 2.5% deduction in aggregate. No such deduction will be exercised for admission in the following Discipline Subjects: Arabic, Bengali, Persian, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Urdu and Philosophy.
- Inclusion of any subject other than given in Lists A and B will lead to a deduction of 2.5% per subject on the aggregate of the Best Four.
- 50% or more marks in Class XII in English and Hindi to choose any of these as Discipline subject(s). 40% or more marks in Class X / Class XII in Arabic, Bengali, Persian, Punjabi, Sanskrit and Urdu to choose any of these as Discipline subject(s).
Lists A and B can be viewed on pages 10 and 11 of the following brochure: http://www.du.ac.in/adm2019/pdf/BulletinForUpload30May2019.pdf
So, there will not be any deduction if you pursue subjects which you have studied in 10+2.
Hope it helps!
According to rules laid out by DU, there should not be any deduction in your case. Even though you are from the Commerce with Maths stream, I believe you have studied Economics as well in your class 12.If you include the subjects that you want to pursue in your best of four, no deduction should be made.
So do include Maths and Eco when seeking for this combination of B.A. programme and see whether you clear the cutoff required. However, do check with the particular college, as some colleges have different policies of deduction of percentage while shifting streams.
All the best!
Delhi University 2019 College Predictor
Know your admission chances in Delhi University's Science, Commerce & Arts Courses