Exam dates for entrance exam for bsc agriculture in pau and gndu university.
The tentative dates for the BSC Entrance Exam in Guru Nanak Dev University are as follows :
- B.Sc. : Application Start Date - June 1, 2019 Application End Date - June 29, 2019 Entrance Test Date - June 28-July 11, 2019.
Eligibility Criteria :
- Passed Class 12th with min. 50% marks with min. 45% marks in the relevant subject.
- Admission to B.Sc., B.Tech., B.Com (H), B.A.(H), LLB and B.A. LLB is done based on the qualifying Entrance Test.
Note : SC/ST candidates will be eligible to get 5% relaxation in the aggregate marks and in the marks of the relevant subject.
The Punjab Agriculture University (PAU) conducts entrance tests such as AAT, CET, MET etc for admission to Undergraduate and Master’s programs. The tentative schedule for PAU Entrance Exam is given below :
- CET : 1st week of June 2019.
- AAT : 2nd week of June 2019.
The entrance tests are conducted for admission to the following courses :
1. CET :
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture 4-year,
- B.Tech. (Biotechnology) 4-year
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)4-years
- B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science
- B.Sc. (Hons) Community Science 4-year etc
2. AAT (Agriculture Aptitude Test) :
- B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture 6(2+4) years programme at Bathinda and Gurdaspur (after matric).
Eligibility Criteria :
- CET : 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Maths, Biology, Agriculture with at least 50% in aggregate/Two-year diploma in Agriculture.
- AAT : Matriculation or equivalent with at least 65% marks in aggregate in compulsory subjects.
Exam pattern for AAT : The test shall be of one and half hour duration comprising of 100 multiple choice questions each of one mark to be attempted on OMR sheet. Each correct answer will carry one mark whereas 1/4 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer. The medium of question paper will be both in English and Punjabi. The question paper shall have four sections as given :
- Section-I: Agriculture Aptitude: It will consist of 50 questions.
- Section-II: General Science: It will consist of 30 questions.
- Section-III: General English: It will consist of 10 questions.
- Section-IV: Mathematics: It will consist of 10 questions.
Exam pattern for CET : The test shall comprise one paper of three hours’ duration. The question paper will have three sections as given below :
- Compulsory sections : Physics - 66 questions of one mark each AND Chemistry : 66 questions of one mark each. These two sections are compulsory for all candidates.
- Section with option : Mathematics/Biology/Agriculture/Home Science 68 questions of one mark each for Biology or Agriculture or Home Science or 34 questions of two marks each for Mathematics.
- The candidate can opt for any of these four options. The optional subject in which the candidate wants to appear must be mentioned at Sr, No. 6 of the application form.
- Each correct answer will carry one mark whereas 1/4 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- The weightage for the correct and incorrect answer will be double in case of Mathematics subject.
- The medium of question paper will be English only.
Hope this helps!!
Good Luck :)