If someone scores 450 in neet and wants to take admission in govt college same year only ... Can they get the college with good placement or they should take a drop and aim top medical college... If they can
Hindavi, first things first. Your NEET score is valid only for 1 Academic year which will be the year that you take the exam in if you want to study MBBS/BDS/Ayush/Veterinary Courses across India. But NEET score is valid for 3 years if you want to study MBBS/BDS abroad. And secondly, there is no placement option when you appear for NEET because these are professional Medical courses. Unlike other courses, Medical Colleges do not offer placements. With this sorted, in India we have Government Medical Colleges, Private Medical Colleges and Deemed/Central Universities. And if you are talking about Government Medical Colleges alone, 15% of the seats in GMCs are filled through All India Counselling and the rest 85% of the seats are filled through State Counselling. To participate in State Counselling, you need to hold the domicile of that State. Now you haven't mentioned the State and Category you belong to. This is important because cut offs are different across different Categories and different States. For example, a score of 450 will not get you a seat in a GMC in States like Delhi, Bihar, Rajasthan, etc even if you belong to Reserved Categories because these States do have higher cut offs. But in States like Tamilnadu, Karnataka, if you belong to Reserved Categories, you might have a chance. Again as mentioned earlier, cut offs change every year. Cut offs change every year depending on various factors such as no.of Candidates appearing for the exam, no.of Candidates qualified, top NEET score and difficulty of the exam. So please do help us with the State and Category you belong to and we shall help you with the score that you might need for a seat in a GMC. And if you are preparing for NEET, you may as well try our NEET Knockout package: https://learn.careers360.com/knockout-neet-may/ . And because you just have 38 days to prepare for NEET, you may as well use this opportunity.
This number is only an idea about the approx rank you will get, but not way to be taken as an guarantee that this year also this will be same. Another think is whether you belong to any category or not. And lastly, which state you belong to (because different state has different cut-off. like Tamil Nadu cut-off are very less.
You will get government college only in some states .