NIT Meghalaya Admission Process 2021
NIT Meghalaya Admissions
NIT Meghalaya courses include B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Sc and doctoral Ph.D. According to the NIT Meghalaya admission process for B.Tech programmes candidates will be offered admission on the basis of scores Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) and candidates qualifying JEE Main will further have to register with the Joint Seat Allocation Authority for JoSAA counselling for participation in the choice filling, choice locking and seat allotment. NIT Meghalaya M.Tech admission is offered on the basis of GATE scores followed by participation in CCMT counselling process CCMT (Centralized Counselling for M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan). NIT Meghalaya admission procedure for M.Sc includes qualification of JAM and participation in the counselling process. Admission to the doctoral programme is based on Written Test and Interview conducted by National Institute of Technology Meghalaya. NIT Meghalaya admission process of all the NIT Meghalaya courses is listed below:
NIT Meghalaya PG Admission
- Candidates aspiring for NIT Meghalaya B.Tech admissions have to appear and qualify Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
- Based on their scores in JEE Main, candidates have to register with Joint Seat Allocation Authority for participation in the counselling process for choice filling, choice locking and seat allotment.
- Candidates need to choose NIT Meghalaya as the preferred college while doing the choice locking.
- NIT Meghalaya admission to the is offered to candidates on the basis of marks secured in JEE Main, JoSAA registration, participation in counselling, choice filling, choice locking, document verification and fee payment.
NIT Meghalaya PG Admission
NIT Meghalaya M.Tech Admission
- According to the NIT Warangal admission process for M.Tech programmes, eligible candidates need to appear and qualify GATE.
- Based on their GATE scores, students have to participate in the CCMT counselling that is conducted to admit students to M.Tech programmes.
- Candidates need to register themselves for CCMT counselling by providing GATE credentials, qualifying degrees certificates, personal details etc. and by paying the requisite registration fees.
- Candidates will have to select National Institute of Technology Meghalaya as their first preference while doing the choice locking.
- Candidates will be offered admission to M.Tech programmes based on the counselling participation, choice locking, choice filling, document verification and payment of fees.
NIT Meghalaya M.Sc. Admission
- Candidates should have to apply, appear and qualify Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM).
- Candidates qualifying JAM have to appear for the CCMN (Centralised Counselling for M.Sc/ M.Sc (tech) admissions to NITs and CFTIs) counselling process and select NIT Meghalaya as their first preference during the choice filling.
- The confirmation of NIT Megahalay M.Sc admission will be based on the JAM scores, participation in the counselling process, document verification and fee payment.
- Further, if seats remain vacant then the remaining seats will be filled through Institute Entrance Examination for NIT Meghalaya admission.
NIT Meghalaya Admission Procedure for Doctoral Admission
NIT Meghalaya PhD Admission
- PhD aspirants have to fill an online application form on the website of the institute for NIT Meghalaya admission.
- Admission to PhD will be done on the basis of the performance in written test followed by an interview.
- Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of written test and interview and only these shortlisted candidates will be a part of the last stage of NIT Meghalaya admission procedure.
- Shortlisted candidates have to get their documents verified and pay the requisite fee in order to confirm their NIT Meghalaya admission.
Thus, the final admission of the candidates will be based on the marks of the test and performance in the interview, institute-level document verification and fee payment.
NIT Meghalaya View Course Specific Admission Process 2021
- Admission to the B. Tech program in the Institute is based on the JEE (Main) examination and through the counseling conducted by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) for B. Tech Admissions.
- 50% seats for the Home States and 50% seats for other States; For home state quota State Reservation Policy for admissions are followed and admissions for the rest are as per Central Reservation Policy for admissions
- Counseling: Through Central Counselling (JoSSA) based on JEE (Main) score. After JEE results are out, eligible candidates register at the JoSAA website. Candidates mention their preference (Choice filling) of Institutes/programs while registering at JoSAA. Candidates visit nearby resource/Help center.
- Candidates are finally allotted seats by JoSSA.
- Once the seat allocation is done, students visit the respective allotted Institute within the dates mentioned by JoSSA for admission failing which the admission stands withdrawn. Follow the admission process of the Institute where you are allotted.