I have graduated B.A. without honors. now I am doing Masters from IGNOU. can I apply for UGC NET ?
Yes, you are eligible for the UGC NET exam because to apply for the exam candidates must have masters’ degree from the approved and recognized universities and IGNOU is a UGC approved University as per the latest eligibility criteria which is described as below :-
- Open category/Unreserved category candidates need to have secured a minimum of 55% marks in Masters or equivalent.
- OBC/ST/SC/PWD/Transgender candidates should have scored at least 50% marks in Masters or equivalent exam.
- Candidates in their final year of master’s degree can also take the UGC NET 2020 exam, however, such candidates have to complete their degree with required NET qualification marks within 2 years.
- As per the eligibility criteria of UGC NET Ph.D. degree holders with their master’s completed by September 19, 1992 can avail relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks. This means that such candidates must have secured at least 50% marks in masters.
- Candidates with post-graduate diploma/certificate by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate by the foreign University/Institute have to ensure that their diploma/degree/certificate is equivalent to master’s degree recognized by Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), NewDelhi.
To apply for JRF your age must not exceed 30 years or if you are from SC/ST/PWD/OBC candidate then you will get 5 years age relaxation but for assistant professor no age criteria is applicable.
For more details refer to the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.