NPAT is the official entrance test for Integrated degree programs offered by Narsee Monjee institute of Management Studies and its constituent schools, under the NMIMS university. It offers this program in its various colleges located at Mumbai, Shirpur, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai, Indore and Dhule Campuses.
The integrated MBA course that is offered by this university are,
- MBA Tech. (B.Tech. + MBA Tech.)
- MBA Pharma Tech (B.Pharm + MBA)
Apart from this, its various campuses that offers the integrated courses are,
- Mumbai Campus -offers all the programs under NMIMS-NPAT
- Shirpur Campus - MBA Tech. (B.Tech + MBA Tech.), B.Pharm. + MBA (Pharma. Tech.)
- Hyderabad Campus - B.Pharm. + MBA (Pharma. Tech
- Navi Mumbai Campus - MBA Tech. (B.Tech + MBA Tech.),
- Indore Campus - MBA Tech. (B.Tech + MBA Tech.)
Eligibility Criteria for Selection
- The applicants must have a pass certificate of class 12 th or equivalent. Also, they must have cleared their 10+2 in their first attempt from a recognized university.
- There is also a age limit for this course. The candidates must be belo or equal to 25 years of age for application of these courses.
- Applicant must have passed 10 + 2 or equivalent exam including International Baccalaureate Diploma with English as compulsory subject
- Awaiting results for their 10+2 or equivalent examination results can also apply
- Candidates must have a science background or science vocational with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Maths for Mumbai and 45% marks for Shirpur campuses
The Selection Process
The applicants willing to choose any of the courses need to appear for an online examination. This examination will be conducted at various cities across India
A merit list will then be generated based upon the performance of the candidates in the exam. Merit list will also take into account the preference selected for the campus
Applicants will then have to appear on a person basis and a counselling process takes place. The offer of admission will then be made depending upon the availability of course and the remaining seats in the course
The decision once taken will be final and no further inquiries or correspondence is welcomed by the institute
There will be a set of 2 papers that will be conducted for admission,
- Quantitative & Numerical Ability - 40 No. of Questions
- Reasoning & General Intelligence - 40 No. of Questions
- Proficiency in English Language - 40 No. of Questions
- Total - 60 No. of Questions and 90 Times in Minutes
- Spatial Ability and Visualization Skills - 20 No. of Questions
- Observation & Problem Solving - 20 No. of Questions
- General Awareness & Design Sensibility - 20 No. of Questions
- Total - 60 No. of Questions and 90 Times in Minutes
The various points that need to be considered while choosing an integrated MBA program are,
- Students applying for such courses must have a clarity of mind regarding their career goal and interests. It’s a 5 year long course and within these 5 years, they will be taught on various aspects of business administration and not on a specific field. Hence, this is not a well suited course for someone looking for an MBA specialisation
- The choice of college also plays an important role over here. Hardly there are a handful of colleges in our country who are good with these types of courses. Hence, make your investments carefully
- Apart from NMIMS, there are several IITs and reputed engineering colleges that offer this integrated courses. This makes more interesting for students who are actually from engineering background and are looking forward to a career that will require managing business in engineering fields
All the very best!!
If you always aimed for top 3 or max top 5 B-Schools of India, NMIMS is not the one you should settle for, but if you were willing to take admission in any of top 15 B-Schools of India NMIMS is completely worth it.
NMIMS is one of the established B-Schools of India, has been there for 35 years. It has quite significant industry reputation, vast alumni base, very good faculty and excellent placements. Thanks to its location in Mumbai it provides immense corporate exposure, much more than you can get at other any other comparative B-School situated in remote areas. It is known for Marketing, Finance, IT and Operations. If you are seeking general management roles, companies do come and offer such roles but given a batch size of 500 only a handful people get it. You will get ample opportunities to learn and experiment, competition would be neck to neck because of all general candidates but Placements are 100% for sure.
ROI, yes it's more expensive than any other B-School of its league and offers same placements but the thing that makes it more expensive is living in Mumbai on your own rather than the fees. So, if one can wait one more year to get into IIM-ABCL, XLRI etc. that's fine but waiting an year to get into similar college again then opportunity lost is bigger than paying 2-3 lakhs more. If you join NMIMS you will definitely pay higher fees but in the long term when you have achieved big in life and think about these 2-3 lakhs it won't be such a big deal.
NMIMS is definitely a very good college and I would give a aye. If one is not having any better options and given the profile if it's almost impossible to get a call from top 5 colleges and one can't wait more, NMIMS is the college for him/her.