- Which is best for Engineering? Anna University Autonomus colleges like SSN or Deemed Universities like SASTRA? Kindly explain which is best
Which is best for Engineering? Anna University Autonomus colleges like SSN or Deemed Universities like SASTRA? Kindly explain which is best
Comparing the facilities provided by both colleges will allow you to decide which one is more suitable to you. The facilities for both colleges are -
A) SSN COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING, CHENNAI -
• fees is a bit expensive but less when compared to the other colleges of Tamil Nadu. Tuition Fees will be Around Rs.40000 Hostel Fees will be around Rs.55,000 and They will be acquiring a special fee of about Rs. 30000 which Includes the Wifi, Library, Books and Notes.
• The colleges has a placement cell which takes care of all placements at the college. The recruitment program starts from the 7th semester and around 80 companies visit the college which we can classify as the Mass Recruitment companies, Management companies, Core companies, etc. The salary packages offered are around 3-4 Lakh, 5-6 Lakh and above 9 Lakh respectively.
• the faculty is good and well knowledgable in their specific fields. Each department has faculty holding a doctorate in 15-20% of them. They also have great teaching experiences. In cases of projects the teachers offer their help and provide ideas to the students so that they might be able to excell better.
• the campus life is good with an approximation in gender ratio being 50:50. The college has a numerous variety of clubs which a student can join and pursue his/her hobby. The clubs include music, dance, photography, shooting, etc. The students can participate in the organised events too and showcase their talent.
• internships are provided to students who attain excellence in their field. The internship recruitment starts from the 4th semester and the companies wanting interns will conduct examinations for the same. The stipend is usually around 10k and the period for internships is around 1,3 or 6 months.
• the college provides scholarships like walk in walk out scholarship to the best student kg the year, merit scholarship, alumni scholarships and sports scholarships to the students who are eligible for the same.
B) SASTRA DEEMED TO BE UNIVERSITY -
• the college is supposed to have the lowest fee structure when compared to the pee structure of the other deemed universities. The fee structure suits most of the students applying as they charge only 65,000/- per semester and loans are also provided.
• the job and salary packages obtained by the students in this university are quite good. The scary packages can range up-to 16 lakh per annum. The hostels aren't as good as they are old and the food is also not as good.
• the faculty is good and sincere and many of them also hold doctorates in their respective fields the faculty has good experiences of teaching of about 10 years and they help out the students at their time of need. They contribute to the full development of the students.
• the placements are good and the students are placed in good companies like WIPRO, TCS, ASHOK LEYLAND, CISCO, ETC. About 99% of the students are placed in good companies with a good salary package.
• internships are provided to good students and the stipend depends on the company offering it. It may be around 7k - 9k.
• the college offers scholarships to students, the basic requirements for which is Atleast 7.5 CGPA, 80% attendence and no history of a fine.
I hope this helped.
All the best!!
IIT/JEE 2020 Online Preparation
Get Access to AI based coaching with Video Lectures, Mock Test, Sample Paper, and Prep Booster