is there any reservation for delhi student in iitd , nsit or dtu ? if yes then how much?
in iit delhi there is no reservation for delhi local candidates. to get admission in iit delhi in btech you need to crack jee main and jee advance exam.
however in NSIT OR dTU There is 85% of seat quota is available for delhi domicile candidates.
hope you may understand.
Reservation of seats is a scheme implemented inorder to help the students of poor and rural backgrounds as well as physically handicapped to attain the same education as everybody else.
The reservation is as follows:
1) 15% seats are reserved for SC and 7.5% for ST students.
2) 27% seats are reserved for Non-Creamy layer OBC candidates. All candidates applying for admission under this category should produce the OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) Certificate applicable for OBC.
3) 05% seats in the respective categories are reserved for the physically handicapped persons in the Postgraduate courses and Ph.D. Programmes.
4) 05% seats arereservedfor EWS (Economically Weaker Section) candidates (for the academic year 2019-20).
For NSIT and DTU,
1) 85% seats are reserved for Delhi region students and 15% for students outside Delhi.
2) 15% seats are for SC and 7.5% seats are for ST whereas 27% is for OBC.
3) 5% for the children and widows of war personnel killed or dissabled during service.
4) 1 seat for Kashmiri Migrant.
5) 1 seat for state board topper.
6) 1 seat for single girl child.
7) 3% of seats for the physically handicapped.
JEE Main College Predictor (JAC Delhi Counselling)
Know your chances of getting into DTU, NSIT, IGIT etc as per your JEE Rank